Milk Supply Increase
Take care of your healthy milk ducts and they'll take care of you and your baby
- The volume of your breast milk is largely dependent on your blood quantity. Therefore, ensuring your high blood volume is critical. Several ways to make it happen:
- Sufficient and high quality sleep will increase the liver’s ability to store large quantity of blood.
- Healthy digestive system for nutrition absorption to ensure blood quantity and quality.
- Eat well for best nutrition to support blood production
- Clear milk ducts ensure the smooth transformation from blood to breast milk.
- You need unobstructed blood circulation to ensure smooth milk flow and clear milk ducts. Therefore it’s vital that your body temperature – skin-wise and inside – should be warm.
- Keep your chest area and upper body warm by wearing proper clothes, even a scarf.
- Avoid cold foods (both temperature wise and property wise). Eat nothing below your body temperature and eat nothing with a “cool” or “cold” property. Download a complete food property list from Fluiditea.com and post on your fridge.
- Health liquid intakes:
- Drink Fluiditea
- Warm soup (beef stew, fish soup, chicken soup)
- Food to recommend - Beans (black beans, red beans and soy beans, etc.)
- Food to avoid – chives, oatmeal, barley, and broccoli.
- Avoid excessive workouts and exercise and drink plenty of fluids so your body is sufficiently hydrated.
- Avoid unnecessary pressure in the chest area that could block circulation. Don’t wear a tight bra and watch your position when breastfeeding or co-sleeping with your little one.
Daily Self Massage Routine (provide pressure to the following Acupressure points in clockwise circle motion one by one 18 times each)–
SP6 – Sanyijiao
SP6 is on the inside of your leg, around four finger widths above the ankle joint. The specific point is toward the back of the leg, very near the bone.
SP9 – Yinlingquan
To find SP9, look about three finger widths from the bottom of the knee cap and then go one finger width toward the inside of your leg. SP9 is located in an indentation just under the top of your tibia.
ST36 – Zusanli
ST36, it is three fingers below the kneecap. However, it is on the outer side of the leg, around one finger width toward the outside of the leg.
RN8 – Shenjue
In the center of the umbilicus
REN12 – Zhongwan
Find your belly button and locate the point where your ribs come together, where there will be a soft depression. If you draw a line from the point where your ribs meet to your belly button, Ren 12 is in the center of this line.
REN17 – Tanzhong
Draw a line between two nipples and it is at the midpoint between the two nipples
P6 – Neiguan
2 finger widths above the transverse crease of the wrist, between the tendons of muscle palmaris longus and muscle flexor radialis